Smartphones are an important part of everyone’s life today and it brings sudden discomfort when your hands don’t get the phone in your pocket. Also, there are a few moments when you accidentally forget your phone at the office desk, at the cafe, or at the store counter. But if you own an Android, you can easily find your device with Google’s help to find the feature of my device.
Google offers this friendly service called ‘Find My Phone’ which allows the Android user to find a lost device and protect it by locking or deleting data. For this purpose, phone users need to enable the ‘Find My Phone’ feature, sign in with a Google Account and grant access to the Google location service.
Check out My Device Discovery Feature
Although most current Android phones come with the built-in Find My Device feature but a few models do not offer it right away. But no need to worry as you can still access the Find My Phone feature by downloading the app from the Google Play Store. However, to check if your Android phone supports the Find My Phone feature, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Android Phone.
- Go to “Security” and look for the “Find My Device” option.
- If an option is available, tap on it and open the feature by turning it on by turning it on.
How to Find Your Phone With The Find My Device feature developed by Google
Now comes the second part of this feature that gets lost when lost. To recover a lost Android phone, users must log in to a PC, tablet, or other Android device with the same Google account.
If you are away from your phone, just follow these steps:
- Grab your PC, tablet, or Android phone and sign in with the same Google account you used on the lost phone.
- Search for “Find my device” in the browser.
- The search result will show a list of Android devices that you have registered with your account.
- Click on the device you want to find.
- Google will show you the exact location of the Android device and other information including network company name, and current battery status.
Also, it will launch three options on the left side of the screen:
- Play Audio: The phone will ring for 5 minutes or silent. It is important to find the device where it is misplaced.
- Protect Device: This option will allow you to lock the device and log out of your Google account from a lost phone. You can also choose to display a message or contact number on the screen. Finding your device will still be known even after you sign out.
- Wipe Device: This option removes all data from the phone. You cannot find the device after this option, so it is advisable to do so only if you are sure your Android phone has been stolen.