This tutorial is about How to Permanently Block Quick Access Folders in Windows 11. We will try our best to understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Permanently Block Folder Access Folders for Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
See How to Permanently Block Quick Access Folders within Windows 11
Immediate Access within Windows 11 is a new view of the File Explorer window. A quick access view, from the top of the navigation window, is the new default view of File Explorer when it first opens. For advanced users from Windows 8.1 or 8 who prefer to keep their old files, your old pinned favorites in the Favorites folder in File Explorer now appear in the Quick Access view.
Immediate Access Windows 11 shows your most frequently opened folders in the upper right window, followed by a group of recently opened files below. You can double-click any of the folders shown in the “General Folders” group to open them and view the content in the right pane of the File Explorer window. You can also double-click any file displayed in the Recent Files group in the right-hand window of the Quick Access Viewer to open the file. In this article, we will show you how to permanently lock up quick access folders in Windows 11.
How to permanently lock Quick Access Folders within Windows 11
If you really do not like quick access, you can permanently delete the File Explorer feature. You must sign in to a Windows account with administrative privileges before removing the instant access feature. To permanently prevent quick access to File Explorer, follow these steps.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
- Type: regedit in the Open box and click OK.
- Click Yes when UAC information appears.
- Copy and paste the following location into the address bar at the top of the Register Editor window.
- In the empty space in the right pane, right-click, select New, then select DWORD Value (32-bit) to create a new character unit.
- Type: HubMode as the name of the new chain.
- Double-click on the HubMode character unit.
- In the Set chain chain, type: 1.
- Leave the Base option in the default hexadecimal setting.
- Click OK.
- Edit the Value dialog box in Registry Editor
- Please restart your computer or log out of your account and sign in again for the changes to take effect. The instant access feature is no longer available in File Explorer.
- To re-enable quick access, go back to Registry Editor and delete the HubMode key you created. Restart or log out and log in to restore instant access.
Last words: How to Permanently Block Immediate Access Folders within Windows 11
I hope you understand this topic, How to Permanently Block Quick Access Folders in Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything in the social media section related to this topic. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.